PRIVATE VOCAL STUDY POLICY SHEET / 2005-2018
Here are some very basic policies created for the integrity of
AustinVoiceLessons.com and the success of The Private Vocal Study
Training Program. Please initial and give a copy of this policy sheet back to Divy, Audrey, or Jasmine. Thanks.
☺ Bring your music folder or iPad to every session. Always include any of the “filler” songs or anything Divy assigned in the form of lyric sheets. Sing along with the Vocal Workout CD (or downloaded tracks) at least 3-5 times during the week. Get excited about being consistent with your vocal practice! THIS PROGRAM WORKS!
☺ When paying tuition (4 sessions at a time) always be paid in advance by two weeks: no exceptions.) All tuition is non-refundable but can be easily transferred to gift certificates for friends and family! Please keep track of your tuition and keep your account as current as possible.
☺ Please give us 24-48 hours advance notice for any cancellation. If you or your child wakes up sick (meaning contagious, not going to work or school) your payment will be applied to your next session. Allergy season affects us all! Unless you are in bed, The Show Must Go On!
Same day cancellation is paid for by the student.☺
BAND SHOWCASE / RECITALS: It is your responsibility to make sure you have the date, time and address of the venue LONG BEFORE the night of any show. Have at least 4 copies of the sheet music IN THE CORRECT KEY printed up 3 OR MORE WEEKS IN ADVANCE of an AVL show.
Having Stephen, Dane or any of our accompanists create custom sheet music is easy but must be submitted a MONTH or more in advance of the show.
BAND TIP: please pay on the website in advance of the date of your show.
☺If you have a week where you will be going out of town we apply your pre-payment to the next session. If you are gone for 3 or more weeks, one session fee will be required to hold your session day/time. Again, one session’s non-refundable tuition fee will be required to hold your session time. (This is usually applied to June/July/August vacations.)
☺ If putting sessions on hold, you must be paid two weeks out, in advance, and ONE of these tuition fee’s will pay forward to your next, SCHEDULED session in the future.
☺Please make sure kids are fed, hydrated and rested ( adults: drink a lot of water on the way over if you are coming directly from work) as your body is about to be WORKED OUT! Hydrated bodies will sing longer and retain information.
☺Please stay in contact by text or email as much as you can.
All your ideas and enthusiasms about singing and music are worth sharing and hugely welcomed!
☺ if you are going to visit and/or sing in an evening SingClub Performance Class as a guest please be on time and considerate of the regular class participants.Your support and applause for their performances is greatly appreciated! ☺
When terminating any AVL program:
please phone or come to a last session in person: not via email or text 🙂
SING CLUB POLICY SHEET / 2005-2018
1. Attendance, Attendance, Attendance: Its obviously important for achieving your vocal goals and its important being an audience member, giving vital feedback, as well! Enthusiasm and support are what we’re about as we strengthen vocal technique and learn to relax and have fun onstage! ☺THE INITIAL CLASS COMMITMENT IS A MINIMUM 16 WEEKS. (PLEASE REVIEW #6 when you join SingClub).
2. If you can’t make a class due to illness please let Divy (and whomever the current assistant is) know as soon as possible. We have students in the private vocal study programs who will purchase your spot that evening with 48 hr notice.
- ALLERGIES ARE NOT AN ILLNESS…YOU CAN TRAIN YOUR BODY TO FUNCTION WITH THEM ONSTAGE USING FORWARD PLACEMENT AND VOCAL AWARENESS! Please don’t let them stop you from having a great class! We recommend : Claritin D and Herb Pharm’s “Soothing Throat Spray” with echinacea and bee propolis.
- (Vacation policy: ongoing club members pay the full fee to hold space in SingClub. If you are gone for a full month but know you definitely will be returning and want to continue class you can make up 2 classes in another evening performance class or get 2 EXTRA private sessions from Divy to help make up the missed time.)
3. Please pay tuition for SC in advance or by the FIRST of each month. You can pay online easily at our SQUARE online store.(go to website, click on Pay4Classes, click link below, this sends you to online store, click SingClub monthly tuition!) Make checks payable to Austin Voice Lessons or you can use a credit card: Please post date a check the week before if possible. IF you are paying in two payments the 2nd payment is due by the 3rd class of the month.
4. All class members are required to get their own sheet music for class’s, shows and events. We like MusicNotes.com for the purchase of sheet music and chord charts. For band nights n shows your sheet music must be in the correct key!
5. TIPS: there is a $20 tip required on or before band nights.
6. PLEASE GIVE US A MINIMUM OF 6 WEEKS NOTICE TO TERMINATE SINGCLUB MEMBERSHIP ☺!!…. LET US KNOW AS MANY MONTHS IN ADVANCE AS POSSIBLE SO WE CAN PROPERLY PREPARE THE NEXT PARTICIPANT (IT TAKES BETWEEN 5-8 WEEKS FOR PEOPLE ON THE WAITING LIST TO OPEN UP SCHEDULES AND CREATE SINGCLUB REPETOIRE).
You can also ask Divy about the Modified Alum Program for SC. We love you and know you are always a part of the spirit of SingClub ☺
7. All tuitions paid are non-refundable. Any unused tuition may be used in the Private Vocal Study Program or converted into gift certificates for friends or family.)
8.All private vocal study sessions booked while in SC are redeemable during the month paid for and do NOT carry over to the next. Missed evening classes may be converted into private study sessions during the month paid for and do not carry over to the next, or any other month.
Thanks so much!
Divy, Jasmine and Audrey Jane 🙂